Monday, December 10, 2007

Calling the Bluff

Poker.

Just like in life, you need a little bit of luck and a whole lot of skill.
Texas Hold em', 5 Poker Stud, 7 Poker Stud, Acey Ducey, Blind Baseball, the Good-the bad-and the ugly, Strip, and so on and so on. Just know what game your playing. The rules are different for every one.

What you hold in your hand means nothing compared to what your opponent holds in his. You have to be able to read your opponent, know when he's lying and call his bluff.

So why the hell am I in a game of poker right now? Especially when I know my opponent was stacking the deck from the beginning and planning each and every ante. I guess it's curiousity. So the question is - who has the better hand? Does he really know what I hold or is he flying blind? I've called him on it. Now he's just wasting time deciding on what to do next. Let me help you out a little "dear". I don't bluff.

Or maybe he's worried I'll be upset if he takes his winnings and goes home. I really don't care if he does. It's only a game and all I'm looking for is someone to play with occasionally.

Or is he afraid he doesn't know what to do with his winnings? hmmmm......

So, are you willing to lay down and show what your made of or are you just going to walk away from your winnings? It's your call and you better decide or I might get back up from the table you so wanted me to play at and take my offer elsewhere.

Of course, maybe you just doesn't want to play with a blogger? :)

1 comment:

Les Becker said...

Hey, where've you been so long...? Scared me, there.

Poker, huh? Ahem. I've never been much of a gambler, but if I ever learn to 'play', I think it may be you I turn to for tutelage.

You rock, you non-bluffing card shark, you.